This section of our Web site covers five areas:
- Effectiveness of a carbon tax: How fast or slowly will different levels of carbon taxes drive down emissions?
- China: What is the world’s largest carbon-pollution emitter doing to reduce emissions? What carbon-pricing measures are being considered or implemented?
- Border-tax adjustments: How can and should nations use tariffs to protect trade-exposed industries from domestic carbon taxes? Should carbon-taxing nations impose climate taxes on imports from the U.S. in order to capture climate damage from America’s burning of untaxed fossil fuels?
- Bio-energy: Should carbon taxes be imposed on carbon emissions from biomass such as wood and biofuels such as corn-based ethanol?
- Implementation: How will carbon taxes mandated by legislation be translated into tax quantities and administered in the fossil-fuel chain?